Continuum and Fiberlink Partner to Deliver Enterprise-Class Mobile Device Management through Continuum's Channel
Continuum first to offer best-of-breed MDM as part of a managed services platform
BOSTON and PHILADELPHIA – November 6, 2012 - Continuum, a leading provider of remote monitoring and management (RMM) and business continuity solutions and Fiberlink, the leader in cloud-based solutions for secure mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM) today announced a technology partnership that will enable Continuum managed service providers to offer enterprise-class mobile device management (MDM) to the small and medium-sized business (SMB) market. The addition of Fiberlink's MaaS360 product to Continuum's RMM platform delivers unprecedented advantages for MSPs when compared to similar offerings in the marketplace, including a broader range of MDM functionality, more robust security management, simplified deployment, and superior support for the "bring your own device" (BYOD) trend.
Continuum's MDM offering is powered by MaaS360, the market leading enterprise MDM solution, which combines a powerful set of features to meet the agile deployment needs of an increasingly sophisticated SMB market. These features include:
- End-to-end MDM that simplifies the entire lifecycle - from device provisioning, security, monitoring, and reporting to app distribution and document sharing - all through a single, comprehensive platform
- Unparalleled BYOD support which not only includes standard security services such as remote device lock and password enforcement, but also the ability to selectively wipe corporate data, automate procedures for lost devices, prevent data leaks, detect and restrict jail-broken and rooted devices, and even use geo-fencing to enforce location-based rules
- MaaS360 Cloud Extender, which enable seamless integration with a company's existing infrastructure and eliminates the need to make additional investments in hardware, maintenance or support just to deploy MDM
- Granular policy management, which enables MSPs to define user roles based on developments or teams within an organization. Device policies can then be set by role and automatically deployed as new devices are added to the network
- Vertical compliance assurance, which includes a compliance engine that can be leveraged for highly regulated industries such as legal, financial services and health care
- Exceptional user experience, which includes a streamlined onboarding of new customers in a matter of minutes and alleviates the burdens found in other MDM products. In addition, a self-service web-based portal empowers MSPs to diagnose and resolve device issues in real time
- Intelligent and actionable reporting that reveal details on everything from hardware and software inventory, configuration settings, mobile usage and deployment trends to vulnerabilities and compliance violations - all through mobility intelligence dashboards that deliver interactive, graphical and real-time data across a company's business
"Because of the value we provide in the financial/insurance sector, when it comes to MDM, we need a solution that proactively ensures that mobile usage is secure, protected and compliant while also addressing the flexibility and ease of use requirements that are vital for our clients," said Dan McCoy, principal, Micro Enterprises LLC. "Dollar for dollar, feature for feature, Continuum's MDM solution is by far the most complete, cost-effective platform available for the SMB market."
"There is tremendous demand and upside market opportunity for MSPs who can go to market with a leading edge RMM and MDM bundled solution," said Brian Christini, director of channel operations at Fiberlink. "Continuum has differentiated itself in the RMM space as a first-class provider and we are excited that they are adding MaaS360's industry-leading MDM capabilities to their platform."
"Due to the growing reliance on mobile devices, businesses are seeking the most efficient and effective way to maximize worker productivity while giving companies the confidence that their corporate data is secure on any mobile device," said Dee Zepf, vice president of product management and technical services at Continuum. "With MaaS360, we can bring an enterprise-grade solution to our partners and their customers that delivers the best overall value in the marketplace."
Continuum's MDM solution will be offered as a limited release to a small number of partners in December 2012 and available as a full release to all Continuum partners in the first quarter of 2013.
Fiberlink is the recognized leader in cloud solutions for secure enterprise mobile device and application management. Its cloud-based MaaS360 platform provides IT organizations with mobility intelligence and control over mobile devices, applications and content to enhance the mobile user experience and keep corporate data secure across smartphones, tablets and laptops. MaaS360 helps companies monitor the expanding suite of mobile operating systems, including Apple iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone. Named by Network World as the Clear Choice Test winner for mobile device management solutions and honored with the 2012 Global Mobile Award for "Best Enterprise Mobile Service" at Mobile World Congress, MaaS360 is used to manage and secure more than one million endpoints globally. For more information, please visit http://www.maas360.com
Continuum provides a leading SaaS-based managed services platform that managed services providers (MSPs) use to efficiently backup, monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain desktops, servers and other endpoints for small and medium-sized businesses. The comprehensive platform provides an intelligent remote monitoring and management (RMM) solution, comprehensive 24 x 7 Service Desk and an advanced backup and disaster recovery (BDR) offering branded Continuum Vault – all integrated with an industry-leading network operations center (NOC), delivering a single, unified managed services experience. The company currently employs more than 650 professionals worldwide, supports over 3,300 MSPs, and monitors nearly 500,000 endpoints. The principal owner of Continuum is Summit Partners (www.summitpartners.com), a Boston based growth equity firm that has raised more than $15 billion in assets. Formore information, please visit www.continuum.net.
For more information, contact:
Lynette Bohanan, CommCentric Solutions Inc.
813-727-0196 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Weber Shandwick for Fiberlink