eBay Makes On-the-Go Shopping and Selling More Inspired and Streamlined
eBay has announced updated apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows, and an update to the eBay mobile web experience. The eBay core apps and mobile web continue to bring the world's largest marketplace to buyers and sellers on the go – now with new and enhanced features for product discovery and inspiration while making the buying and selling experiences more streamlined and intuitive.
"We want to provide eBay buyers and sellers with the ability to easily browse, shop, sell and manage their eBay activity whenever and wherever they are, no matter what device or platform," said Kevin Hurst, eBay's VP of Mobile Products. "With these most recent updates, we're making the overall experience better with significantly faster performance, inspired home pages for product discovery, expanded support for in-store pick-up and more."
The iOS, Android and Windows updates are available today with mobile web coming soon.
Here is an overview of the new and enhanced features:
- Enhanced Performance: Version 3.3 offers significantly improved performance, enabling customers to navigate through the app much faster.
- In-store Pick-up: eBay for iPad now features a new in-store pick-up option to make local shopping easy. The service is further enhanced for iPhone users with new Passbook support, enabling a faster and easier in-store experience and quick access to key information like store location, directions, hours and order number.
- Personalized Feed (iPhone only): The iPhone app now places the most important content front and center on the home page with a preview of Feed – a personalized stream of items inspired by what users want, need and love.
- Additional updates include: Interface enhancements that include larger images to truly showcase products (iPhone only); ability to search for sellers (iPhone only); selling enhancements that make relisting and pricing items easier; and the addition of reviews for catalog items providing users with the important information they need for their purchase decision.
- Active Notifications: Android users now have access to new eBay active notifications – a one-tap, visual shortcut for making timely bid or buy actions.
- Giving Works Support: Customers can donate to their favorite charities at checkout with Giving Works.
- Additional updates include: Improved search with the ability to personalize and save settings; selling enhancements that make relisting and pricing items easier; enhancements to Messages, including sorting options and improved readability; and fully adaptive tablet support for 7" and 10" screens.
- Home Screen with Feed: A new home page gives users instant access to their Feed, daily deals and the most important actions right from the start.
- Enhanced Interface: Products are front and center with larger images in the View Items screen along with fixed buttons to easily Watch, Buy, Add to Care or Increase Bid.
- Improved Search and Selling: Selling and search are made easier with a new selling launch page and refine options for search.
For users who chose to visit eBay on mobile web before downloading the app itself, the enhanced user experience now offers:
- The ability to list items for sale and also make and respond to Best Offers.
- Daily Deals enhancements including the addition of search and browse by category.
- A home page redesign featuring the most important content for users, including a new Feed design.