Enterprise femtocell adoption growing; Cisco takes lead in overall femtocell market
London, UK, October 24, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2nd quarter 2013 (2Q13) Residential and Enterprise Femtocell Equipment report, which tracks femtocells by market segment, technology, and form factor.
"Sales of 3G femtocells still dominate the market, despite the focus of vendors on 4G," notes Richard Webb, directing analyst for microwave and carrier WiFi at Infonetics Research. "Residential femtocells still account for the bulk of the market, though from this point forward we will see increasing adoption of femtocells from the enterprise segment, which is a key focus for a growing number of operators."
2Q13 FEMTOCELL MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global 2G/3G/4G residential and enterprise femtocell equipment market grew 4% sequentially in 1Q13, to $115 million, driven by LTE
- Integrated femtocells are expected to account for nearly half of all femtocell units shipped in 2017, almost entirely within the residential segment
- Infonetics forecasts FDD-LTE femtocells to grow at a 76% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2012 to 2017
- Cisco, who recently acquired Ubiquisys, sprang to the top of the femtocell revenue share leaderboard in 2Q13, thanks also to its work with AT&T, who lays claim to the largest scale femtocell deployment in the world
- Airvana dropped to the #2 spot overall, but moved into the lead in the 3G femtocell segment
SDN AND NFV WEBINAR
Join Infonetics Oct. 10 for Building Service-Aware Networks on SDN, NFV and Networks Based Intelligence, with a look at DPI as a virtual networking function component: http://bit.ly/1dH5TrC
FEMTOCELL CONFERENCE CALL
Clients, log in to view on-demand Richard Webb's 2Q13 femtocell market recap and outlook conference call: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=658.
FEMTOCELL REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics' quarterly femtocell report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for 2G (GSM/GPRS and CDMA), 3G (W-CDMA/HSPA, CDMA2000/EV-DO, and TD SCDMA), and 4G (LTE) femtocells. Femtocells are tracked by form factor (standalone and integrated) and market segment (residential and enterprise). Companies tracked include Airvana, Alcatel-Lucent, Argela, Cisco/, Contela, Fujitsu, Huawei, ip.access, NEC, QuCell, Samsung, Ubee Interactive, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.