Enterprises Continue to Embrace BYOD, Expanding Across Industries and the Globe in 2012
SUNNYVALE, California — Jan 22, 2013 — Good Technology™, the leader in secure enterprise mobility, today released the results of its second annual bring-your-own-device (BYOD) customer survey. Good's BYOD report shows how 100 of its customers across various industries around the globe are supporting BYOD. The full report can be found here.
"This year's report shows that BYOD continues to gain traction and those who have no plans to support BYOD are a small and rapidly shrinking minority of our customer base," said John Herrema, SVP Corporate Strategy at Good Technology. "This is no surprise to us since we hear every day from our customers how embracing BYOD has made their enterprises more productive, collaborative, and competitive than they ever were before. We're also seeing that BYOD is going global and that even our largest, most security conscious and highly regulated customers can safely embrace BYOD if they have the policies and supporting solutions in place to protect their business data and applications."
Similar to Good 's first BYOD report, this year's survey demonstrates how the "consumerization of IT" is forcing enterprise IT departments to develop policies for regulating the use of and ensuring the security of company information being accessed by employees' personal devices. More notably, this year's report reveals that an increasing number of companies around the globe are freely embracing BYOD to help reduce costs and increase employee productivity by allowing employees to use the devices they prefer and take advantage of mobile applications they know in order to work smarter.
"It is clear that companies are supporting BYOD in large numbers as it gives employees the choice to use the devices that make them most productive," said Chris Hazelton, Research Director for Mobile and Wireless at 451 Research. "While there is a lot of focus on supporting and controlling the device, the next challenge for IT will be provisioning and securing large volumes of enterprise apps and data in BYOD deployments."
Key findings in Good's 2012 BYOD report include:
- More Enterprises are Embracing BYOD: The percentage of enterprises formally supporting BYOD increased from 72 to 76 percent. More notably, those companies with no plans to support BYOD dropped from 9 to 5 percent.
- BYOD Expands Global Reach: Companies are moving out of a U.S-only support model to extend their BYOD practices to more countries around the globe, and in multiple countries at once.
- Larger Enterprises are the Most Active in BYOD: 75 percent of those supporting BYOD have 2,000 (or more) employees and 46 percent have 10,000 (or more) employees.
- BYOD is NOT Hindered by Regulatory Compliance or Security Concerns: The Financial Services/Insurance and Healthcare industries continue to be among the most active industries supporting BYOD. This year's report also shows an increase in Government adoption of BYOD programs.
- Employees Are Still Willing to Pay for Personal Choice: 50 percent of companies supporting BYOD require that all costs be covered by employees who are more than willing to take their employers up on the offer!
About Good Technology
Good Technology, the leader in secure enterprise mobility solutions, creates a world where employees can securely connect, communicate, and collaborate using their personal iOS, Android, and Windows Phone devices. A world where IT can manage mobile apps, devices and enterprise data simply and safely to increase overall business productivity. A world where business information can travel wherever it needs to go, without putting sensitive enterprise or personal data at risk. Good Technology's customers include more than 4,000 organizations worldwide, including FORTUNE 100™ leaders in financial services, healthcare, retail, telecommunications, manufacturing, legal, and government. Learn more at www.good.com.
# # #
430 N. Mary Avenue, Suite 200
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Spark PR for Good Technology
©2013 Good Technology Corporation and its related entities. All use is subject to license terms posted at www.good.com/legal. All rights reserved. GOOD, GOOD TECHNOLOGY, the GOOD logo, GOOD FOR ENTERPRISE, GOOD FOR GOVERNMENT, GOOD FOR YOU, GOOD DYNAMICS, SECURED BY GOOD, GOOD MOBILE MANAGER, GOOD CONNECT, GOOD SHARE, and GOOD DYNAMICS APPKINETICS are trademarks of Good Technology Corporation and its related entities. All third-party trademarks, trade names, or service marks are the property of their respective owners. Good's technology and products are protected by issued and pending U.S. and foreign patents.
iPad and, iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. ©2013