Infonetics releases Global Telecom and Datacom Market Trends and Drivers report
Campbell, CALIFORNIA, June 30, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Global Telecom and Datacom Market Trends and Drivers report, which analyzes global and regional market trends and conditions.
"Expect a slowdown in the Americas, but for a change, Europe will be in the telecom capex driver's seat this year!" says Stéphane Téral, principal analyst for mobile infrastructure and carrier economics at Infonetics Research. "We're forecasting global carrier capex to rise 4%, with EMEA as the growth engine despite unabated low-single-digit revenue declines all across Europe. After waiting for so many years to upgrade their networks, Europe's 'Big 5'—Deutsche Telekom, Orange, Telecom Italia, Telefónica, and Vodafone—have decided it's time to take the plunge."
Co-author of the report Matthias Machowinski, Infonetics' directing analyst for enterprise networks, adds: "Economic expansion in mature economies and falling unemployment in Europe is driving stronger growth in enterprise telecom and datacom expenditures this year. We expect the network infrastructure segment to be the main beneficiary of growing investments, followed by security. The communication segment will likely have another challenging year, as companies evaluate their deployment strategy going forward."
TELECOM AND DATACOM MARKET TRENDS
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) anticipates the world economy will expand 3.6% in 2014 (+0.06 from 2013) amid recoveries in the UK and Germany and slowing growth in Japan, Russia, Brazil, and South Africa
- Mobile service revenue remains the main telecom/datacom growth engine worldwide, led by the unabated rise of mobile broadband
- To avoid falling into the role of pipe provider, many service providers are deploying or weighing new architectural options such as caching/content delivery networks, distributed BRAS/BNG, next-gen central offices, distributed mini data centers, and video optimization
- Software-defined networks (SDNs) and network functions virtualization (NFV) have the attention of nearly all service providers, who are on the long road to widespread deployments
- Big data is becoming more manageable: Operators are leveraging subscriber and network intelligence to support marketing and loyalty strategies, churn management, and automation/optimization of networks using SDN and NFV
- The cloud, mobility, BYOD, and virtualization are the top trends driving enterprise networking and communication technology spending, with North America leading the way
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, join Stéphane Téral, Michael Howard and Matthias Machowinski June 30 at noon EDT for a live conference call on telecom and datacom market drivers, or view on-demand:
Infonetics' market drivers report is published twice annually to provide analysis of global and regional market trends and conditions affecting service providers, enterprises, subscribers, and the global economy. The report assess the state of the telecom industry, telling the story of what's going on now and what's expected in the near and long term, including spending trends; subscriber forecasts; macroeconomic drivers; and key economic statistics (e.g., unemployment, OECD indicators, GDP growth). The 44-page report is illustrated with charts, graphs, tables, and written analysis. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Principal Analyst, Mobile Infrastructure and Carrier Economics
Co-founder and Principal Analyst, Carrier Networks
Directing Analyst, Enterprise Networks & Video