LTE-Advanced, small cells to lift microwave equipment market; Huawei bounces back
London, UK, November 27, 2013—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 3rd quarter 2013 (3Q13) Microwave Equipment report, which tracks time-division multiplexing (TDM), Ethernet, and dual Ethernet/TDM microwave equipment.
"Though 3Q13 marks the second straight quarter of marginal growth in the microwave equipment market, we're still projecting an overall decline for the full year 2013 due to price erosion in the hybrid equipment segment in particular," reports Richard Webb, directing analyst for microwave and carrier WiFi at Infonetics Research.
"The next round of backhaul market growth will be driven by macro LTE-A upgrades and small cell deployments, both of which will require very low latency solutions," continues Webb. "This will begin to make an impact from 2014 and boost the market for a few years."
3Q13 MICROWAVE MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Globally, in 3Q13 the microwave equipment market totaled $1.16 billion, up 2% from 2Q13, but down 7% from 3Q12
- All-packet microwave accounted for around 23% of total microwave equipment revenue
- Ericsson is again the microwave revenue market share leader in 3Q13, followed by Huawei, who reclaimed 2nd position from NEC
- The overall microwave equipment market will grow at just a 1.4% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2012–2017, as the healthy growth of Ethernet microwave is masked by the disappearing TDM microwave segment and the rapidly declining dual Ethernet/TDM microwave segment
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients, join Richard Webb December 10 at 11:00 AM ET for a live microwave market recap and outlook, or view on-demand. Log in for password: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=665.
ABOUT THE MICROWAVE REPORT
Infonetics' quarterly microwave equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for Ethernet, TDM, and hybrid microwave equipment by spectrum, capacity, form factor, architecture, and line of sight. Vendors tracked: Alcatel-Lucent, Aviat Networks, Ceragon, DragonWave, ECI, Ericsson, Exalt, Huawei, Intracom, NEC, NSN, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Service provider capex increasing 6% in 2013, ignited by BRICs; revenue to hit $2 trillion
- LTE backhaul, EMEA leading charge in millimeter wave gear space
- Macrocell mobile backhaul market growth decelerating
- Operators give nod to microwave vendors NEC, Huawei, Ericsson; small cells may disrupt
- W-CDMA driving worldwide smartphone market
- Operators look to consumer femtocells to increase ARPU via new apps and services
- Enterprise femtocell adoption growing; Cisco takes lead in overall femtocell market
UPCOMING MARKET FORECAST REPORTS
- Infonetics' 2014 Market Research Lineup
- 2G, 3G, 4G Mobile Infrastructure and Subscribers - 3Q13 Edition
- 3G and 4G Mobile Broadband Devices and Subscribers
- Residential and Enterprise Femtocell Equipment - 3Q13 Edition
- Small Cell Mobile Backhaul Equipment
- Using Video Gateways to Improve the Multiscreen Experience (Dec. 3: Attend)
- All About Edge P-OTS (Dec. 4: Attend)
- Data Center Firewalls: The New Performance Requirements (Dec. 10: Attend)
- Unified Communications in the Cloud (Dec. 12: Attend)
- Monetizing Subscriber Data to Drive Big Revenue (Dec. 17: Attend)
- Small Cells Reality Check (View on demand)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), Latin America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
# # #