RIM Launches BBM Music--now available on BlackBerry App World
The BBMTM Music app is out of beta and will be available beginning later today* for BlackBerry® smartphone users** to download from BlackBerry App WorldTM. BBM Music is a BBM-connected music service that enables viral music discovery and social interaction, allowing music fans to connect on a whole new level.
BBM Music is a cloud-based service that allows users to enjoy an evolving, community-based music library together with their BBM Music friends. The size of a user's music library continues to grow as they invite friends to join their community. Each user can select music from a catalog of millions of songs from Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, Warner Music Group, EMI, IODA: Independent Online Distribution Alliance, VidZone Digital Media and The Orchard.
Here's how it works:
- Download BBM Music from BlackBerry App World, and select 50 songs that will automatically be shared with your BBM Music friends
- The songs that your friends select (as well as the songs you selected) become part of your BBM Music library, thereby significantly increasing the number of songs you can listen to. For example: if you have 25 BBM Music friends, and each has 50 songs, your library could increase to 1,300 songs!
- You can create music playlists comprised of any number of songs from your BBM Music library
- Easily discover music that your BBM Music friends are listening to, and comment on your friends' songs and playlists
- Songs can be cached, so you can listen to music even when out of wireless coverage, such as when you are on the subway or on a flight
- Each month, you can swap out up to half of the 50 songs you personally selected to explore new music
BBM Music will be available beginning later today on BlackBerry App World in Canada and the United States, with additional regions launching shortly.
Free Trial and Subscription:
The innovative BBM Music service is available for a monthly subscription of $4.99 USD, with a 30 day ‘try before you buy' offer***. For a limited time, and on a first-come first-served basis, RIM is extending the free trial offer to a period of 60 days***, so download BBM Music today!
- Download the app on BlackBerry App World: www.blackberry.com/appworld
- Inside BlackBerry blog post: http://blogs.blackberry.com/2011/11/bbm-music-release/
- BBM Music overview video: www.blackberry.com/bbmmusic
- Instructional BBM Music how-to video: www.demos.blackberry.com/bbm_music
RIM Media Relations
* May take up to 24 hrs. to appear in the BlackBerry App World catalog.
** Application requirements:
- BlackBerry® OS 5 or higher
- BBM 6.0 or higher
- User must have access to BlackBerry App World
- SD card is recommended for caching songs
*** New BBM Music users only. May not be combined with other offers. Payment information required to receive full trial period. Following trial user placed into automatically renewing monthly subscription plan unless cancelled before end of trial period. Limited time introductory offer may vary by BlackBerry device or carrier. Additional charges may apply. Subject to change. See www.blackberry.com/bbmmusic for complete details and restrictions.