SURVEY FINDS COMPANIES ARE NOT COMMUNITICATING THEIR BYOD POLICIES TO EMPLOYEES – YET 68 PERCENT OF EMPLOYEES ARE USING THEIR PERSONAL DEVICES FOR WORK
Recent Twitter Poll Conducted by Globo Shows Companies Are Not Informing Employees of Current or Proposed BYOD Guidelines
New York, NY – December 20, 2012
WHAT: GLOBO, an international leader and technology innovator delivering mobile, telecom and e-business software products and services, today released survey results which found IT departments are not making employees aware of their BYOD policies. In the survey, 68 percent of respondents said they use their personal devices for work, while only 29 percent said that their company actually has a BYOD policy in place. Furthermore, 42 percent of respondents don't know if their company's BYOD policy allows IT to have full access to their personal devices.
These findings show a significant lack of communication between companies and their employees with respect to BYOD, an issue that must be addressed.
Other key findings include:
- 14 percent reported that they don't know if their company currently has a BYOD policy.
- 91 percent responded that they do not know if their company plans to implement a BYOD policy.
- If IT clearly stated that they have access to their employee's personal information such as emails and contacts, 93 percent of respondents said that they would not participate in a BYOD program.
- 69 percent said that they would not consider breaking a company policy in regards to BYOD even if they knew that they would not get caught.
- People using a personal device for work say that they are using it first and foremost to check emails (62 percent)
According to Aggelos Grypaios, Vice President of Business Development and Marketing for Globo, "With the significant number of employees already using their personal devices for work, companies should be focused on creating a BYOD program and policies that fit the specific needs of the company. The next important step is to communicate the policy to employees and make sure that they understand their rights and the rights of the company. Defining and managing a BYOD strategy that protects the security of the employee and the employer will keep companies competitive in the market by creating a mobile workforce."
WHO: GLOBO (LSE-AIM:GBO), is an international leader and technology innovator delivering mobile, telecom and e-business software products and services. Globo has established itself as one of the market leaders in the ICT market, offering a wide range of products and services to the corporate, public and consumer market. The Group operates internationally through subsidiaries and offices in US, UK, Europe, Middle East and South East Asia. For more information visit the company's website at globoplc.com.
WHERE: For more details on the survey results or to speak with a Globo executive, please contact Lora Friedrichsen of Global Results Communications at (949) 608 0276 or email@example.com.